Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tombstoned e-mail accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

screws

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2002
US
I have deleted an e-mail account in my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. My customer needs the account recreated with the same name and address. However, now the account is "tombstoned" and will not allow the same name to be used...it just adds a "2" to the end of the name.

ex: scott@hotmail.com
scott2@hotmail.com

I have read everything that I can find on "tombstoned" accounts. I have even change the default "tomstoned" days from the default of 30 down to 1. The time has not passed for that yet...will have to wait til tomorrow (4 Oct 02).

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Scott.

How did you delete it?
did you clean the mail box first ?

Is the address still in your GAL?

Got the answer. One of my other users had the same e-mail account as a "secondary account". I exported my GAL with the "secondary account" heading and found a user with the account that I was trying to recreate. Even though the account had been deleted and the tombstone time had passed it was still "hard coded" on another users account. How it got there I haven't a clue.

Thanks for the response.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back