Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toll Fraud Call Filters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doughonea

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2010
US
- We got notified by the phone company of fraudulent calls to Eastern Europe
- I suspect our StarTalk Flash was hacked because I have out dial permitted
- It's a doctor's office and we want the patients to be able to reach the on-call service by pressing 8 in the auto attendant after hours
- What's the best way to secure this? If I set a restriction on all lines against 011 calls, will that suffice?
- Would changing the Star Talk Flash password help?
- I can remove out dialing and change the message to give the number if that's what we have to do

I *GREATLY* appreciate any and all assistance!

Please read the FAQ's first before posting as many questions answered in them.
Yours is here :
You are on the right patch with restrictions and passwords but USER passwords need to be change and denied Outdial/Off Prem notification if not used.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Is it possible in CICS to set a restriction filter to block all 1+ unless a bypass code is entered?

Thank you. I saw that FAQ and got a bit overwhelmed. I'll print it out and go through it to identify what actually applies to my system.

Yes you can use/setup COS password then tell it which filter to use but that is for when you restrict phones, not required for voice mail applications.

You should just restrict 01 since that is the first 2 digits required to call overseas, 1 alone is only for North America and not worth the hackers time.

Other restrictions to add:
10 (1010 type numbers)
*72 (what hackers use to forward your lines from a mailbox that has Off Premise Notify)

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

ya but trunks use filters as well so he should be able to block it from there

Just to clarify, I just need to add this restriction filter to the VM DN's, correct?

If F985 shows 235, then do I restrict 235 and 236?

You need to restrict the DN of each physical port that is connected to voice mail....so if your are referring to a 4 Channel Flash (2 mod cords) then yes.
For voice mail ports I create it's own filter and restrict 0, 10, and *

If they do not call over sea's then you can restrict the same on all lines.
If the do call oversea's occasionally then add a COS password to override via F68
Or if always the same numbers dialed add them to System Speed Dials and tell it to use the non restricted filter.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back