Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toll call pattern problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2002
US
Merlin legend rel 4.

why would 1-8509379025 & 1-8509379026 receive a fast busy and 1-8509379027 complete ?. When dialed from cell phone call completes.PBX is located in 850 but #'s are toll #'s. Does not seem to be station related. Cant find any tables where these #'s are referred to.

What would inhibit the dialing of 1-770 ?

Pots lines or T1???? Did you print out the ARS tables as well as a disallowed list? Just some food for thought.

Local lines are pots long distance is a 24 channel T1 with 4 channels reserved for data I did a print all and did not see anything in tables that seemed to match the patterns. I will supply the printall if it will help.

1) If they are all supposed to be ported onto the T-1, then the two with the fsst busy may not have been ported.
2) Testing from a cell phone is not a definitive test, as the cell service providers do not always have their tables updated to show new routings as fast as the "land line" services.

Pepperz@charter.net

charliehummel...the way that I am reading the above is that you are dialing out on your LD T1 for local numbers. You indicated that the PBX is in the 850 area code and the numbers you are dialing are 850.
1) Why 1+ dialing for local numbers?
2) Is this really a dedicated LD T1 or just a standard T1?
3) Have you been able to identify if the PBX or svc provider is giving the fast busy? Look at the display on the phone when dialing out. If the PBX is providing you with a channel after dialing the number, it is likkely the svc provider not liking what you are sending. If no channel is seen in the display, then the call is being blocked b4 being sent.

the two #s being dial are toll numbers within the 850 area code. With the last area code changes Bell south requires the insertion of 850 after the 1 for all toll call changes within the 850 area code. they no longer recognize 1+7. What is the diference between the two t1's ??. The second number is an area code outside the 850 area that fails to work.

TNX
Charlie

The difference between a dedicated LD T1 and standard local T1 is that a dedicated LD T1 is not regulated to permit standard local traffic. That is why you have to dial 1+area code for cals within your own area code. Additinally, toll free numbers cannot be routed over a dedicated LD T1. In regards to the 3rd question I posed, have you noticed any display info on the station that would indicate where the call is being stopped? (PBX or svc provider)

AH HA Sucess. I really appreciate the info. I added area code 850 to table 1 change the fru level on route 1 to 3 for pattern a and the 850 area code started using the co trunks rather then the T1. and it worked. We also added 770 to table and it started working too. The 770 must be a worldcom routing problem (it is an overlay area code.) All of the trunks including the t1 trunks were labled Outside. we also went back and uniqly identifed these trunks. Now we could validate the correct routing and also when it failed was it t1 related or CO related. Thanks again for info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back