Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Token prompt removes another parameter from parameter list

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDonohue

Technical User
Jun 10, 2011
US
This is a very peculiar situation and I am looking for some assistance to make sense of it all.

I have a report with a parameter for Brand (without a value prompt as this is a pass through value). This displays on the parameter list for the pass through.

I am adding a token prompt called Compare that will decide whether to compare Actual numbers versus Budget, Prior Year, etc.

Upon adding the data item with the token prompt, the parameter Brand is no longer available on the parameter list for the pass through. I have isolated the cause to this specific step. It is critical that I continue to pass this value.

I do have other parameters that are unaffected, which I associate with being part of a ValuePrompt.

Can anyone explain why adding this data item changes the parameter behavior? How do I get around this to include the new functionality?

Your help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back