Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toggle off premise forwarding from home user? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
We have a G3 ver 8 with no telecommuting capabilities. I have a user that works from home a lot and wants to forward her office extension to her home whenever she wants, and send it back to the PBX at will. any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank You,

Mike

I'm not sure if this is the easiest way to do it, but some brilliant minds are in our Definity forum that might come up with something a little better.

On the "ch fea" screen, add a remote SAC activation/deactivation codes.

Then you can dial in through the remote access port, enter the barrier codes, enter the remote sac codes, and away she goes..

I just tried it using my cell phone and it works great. Even activates the SAC light on my phone.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Enable Remote access with a DID number....(toll fraud potential)very bad to give out to users.

or

Extreme Back door method...
Configure an analog line with console permissions, have than line connected to a modem, have user remote control the PC attached to the modem, using any dialer that commands the modem(Hyper terminal), dial the FAC to forward *xx then extension then number to be forwarded. To turn off.. same thing but the different FAC.... As I mentioned... extreme but this will work.

One of my peers turned off Remote Access... it permanently disables it once done and requires Avaya to turn it back one...$$

Good luck,

Wildcard

I would agree with the remote access and a DID. Make sure it has a cos with console permissions and a cor with with and FRL =0 and calling party restriction outward. I would also use a 7 digit barrier code.

Then give your users a cos with call forwarding busy/da =y

I would also 'change sys sec' and set up security violations on your remote access port. This way if someone tries to hack it, you will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back