Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toggle light to use as notification 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc3957

ISP
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hi everyone,

I have an interesting situation and I hope someone has a creative solution. I've been searching for a few weeks now and can't seem to find one.

I have a client that is a therapist and has patients enter the office and push a button which toggles a light on their wall. This lets them know that the patient has arrived. I'm looking for a way to do this with the phone instead of the wall light.

I'd like the secretary to be able to push a feature button on their phone and this would light up a feature button the doctor's phone. The doctor can then push the lit feature button to turn off the light. Can anyone think of a way to achieve this effect. Also, there are five doctors, so I would need five unique toggles.

The system is an IPO 9.1 and the phones are 9508s. The secretary has a 9508 with two add-on button modules.

Thanks in advance for the amazing insight that always comes from this forum.

- Phil

create 5 huntgroups (one for each dr.)

give the secretary 5 buttons that set the HG into night service

give each dr. the same "set HG night Service" button for their HG

that way the secretary can turn it on and off or the Dr's can also turn it off

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

You're a genius!!!

Thank you so much. I've literally been searching for over two weeks now.

Westi..genius...who'd have thunk it?
Nah, he's pretty switched on.
Three minute response time. Another one who's on that fine Kenyan coffee.

There's no point going anywhere. You'll always be here. Try it and see.

Holdmusic
Actually I come to TT to wind down from all the coffee and this is like a good puzzle.

pc3957
We like to help, especially with odd stuff, thanks for the star.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I sold all the wife's puzzles yesterday. Mostly unopened.

There's no point going anywhere. You'll always be here. Try it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back