Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toggle between radio buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOW

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
I have a form with radio buttons. I would like to be able to toggle between the buttons without using the mouse. Unfortunately, when I either hit the tab button, it moves me on to another group of fields. If I use the down or up arrows, nothing happens. Any ideas how I can control this?

<p>Was this a good book for a community reading program?<br>
<label for="q1"><input type="radio" value="Yes" id="q1" name="Good choice for program?"> Yes</label><br>
<label for="q2"><input type="radio" value="No" id="q2" name="Good choice for program?"> No</label></p>

Using IE6 (Windows XP) and the radio buttons from your example (and several additional form elements), I have no problem tabbing to the radio buttons, activating with the space bar (or with the up and down arrows), then tabbing to other form elements.

The tab should move you to the next element (or radio button group). It will not move you to the next radio button. The up/down arrow keys should do that, as will the left/right arrow keys.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Thank you. That's what I thought. Although for some reason I'm not able to.

I would look into your usage of the [tt]name[/tt] attribute in your inputs though. Maybe that could be confusing certain browsers. I suggest you give it a short descriptive name and use title attribute for the question you are posing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back