Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TOD based change to station profile. Can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3408phonegod

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2007
US
In our call center (in the midwest USA) we have a workstation that does two different jobs based on time of day (TOD). From 6pm untill 6am daily it handles calls to/from a single west coast location - sort of like an answering service. During that time I want our phone set to have an outbound public identity with the area code of the west coast location so called parties think the call is coming directly from the west coast location. From 6am until 6pm that same workstation handles our normal multi-queued call load and I need the phone set to have a different public identity. I know how to set-up and change the public identies of phone sets. I've tried handling this situation first, by putting two phone sets at the workstation, but the people who set there (despite our best efforts) don't always use the right set. The second try was to set up two extensions in the switch with the desired identities and having the agents log the phone off the switch and back on to the other extenison at each shift change. Sometimes the agents forget or log back onto the wrong extension. The result is that unless everything is done right, called parties see the wrong CID when we call them.

I'm looking for some way to automate either the logoff/logon process for the phone or preferably, the change of the public unknown identity for the extension. Anybody know a way to do this?

set up different trunks with different CLI's and have a rout pattern change based on times... like you would do lcr in the old days

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back