Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TO START OFF THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

john newman

Technical User
Oct 30, 2016
US
TO START OFF THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP
I OWN A SMALL FARM AND WANT TO GET INTERNET AT MY BARN 300 FEET FROM MY HOUSE . I WENT TO FRYS ELECTRONICS IN PHX AZ AND WAS SOLD TWO ENGENIUS 2.4 GHZ LONG RNGE WIRELESS N 300 (OUTDOOR CLIENT BRIGE / ACCESS POINTS,
I CURRENTLY USE HUGHES NET FOR MY INTERNET PROVIDER AND A LINKSYS EA6350 ROUTER FOR WIRELESS COVERAGE IN MY HOUSE .
THE PURPOSE OF WIFI AT THE BARN IS TO ADD A CAMERA TO BE ABLE TO WATCH MY ANIMALS THAT ARE READY TO GIVE BIRTH .
I TRIED TO FOLLOW THE MANUAL THAT CAME WITH THE ANTENA WITH NO SUCESS
I TRIED AS DIRECTED TO go to network/internet right clicked properties

right clicked internet protocal Ver 4 tcp/ipv4 clicked properties
clicked use the following ip as directed and i lost from there

The quick start guide directs you to set a static IP address on your computer to the 192.168.1.X network to access the devices. The default address of the units are 192.168.1.1. If your network/router is already defaulted to this address range, you may still need to statically address your computer, as the router address may be 1.
Once you have applied a static address to your computer (i.e. 192.168.1.10), connect one of the AP units to your computer with an Ethernet cable. Open a browser on your computer and type in the address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. At the login screen, the user id and password are both admin.
One unit will need to be set up as an “Access Point” (home end), the other will need to be set up in “Client Bridge Mode” (barn end), and will connect to the Access Point.

If you are unfamiliar with setting static IP addresses, network addressing, or configuring access points, you might want to enlist some local help. It would take too long to go through all of these things in this forum. I would start with a local teenager, or college kid. They know everything…just ask them and they will tell you.

Where are you John? It sounds like you are in need of some assistance and you haven't got time to become an expert in all this networking lark.
I am hoping the COOP society ethos will previal here. If you are near to me I am more than happy to come and help you - the world is a big place though... I'll probably want a lamb in return though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back