Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To show tooltiptext while browsing a combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdls

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
AU
Hi,
I have a requirement where I have to show the tooltiptext in a combo box for items that are longer than the width of the combo box. I couldn't find any event from where I can pick the highlighted item in the combo box when you are navigating from one item to another. I thought I will use the Form_MouseMove event, but that also does not fire when you navigate from one item to another. I tried Combo_Dropdown event also.
Can anybody let me know how to do this or how to expand the list portion of the combo box alone(I checked the MSDN help and it seems it is possible for Combobox objects in MS Access, but I couldn't find anything in Visual Basic).

Thanks in Advance.

Hi !
Try to use the SendMessage API function .
U'll be able a lot of stuff imposiible to be done directly from VB .

Thanks a lot for your help, I will try out with SendMessage and other API functions and will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back