Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To optimize my media performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inforfean1

Technical User
Jan 16, 2006
US
Hello everyone:

Is it me or is it a matter of fact the job opportunities for Legato Networker is far less than Veritas Netbackup professionals?

Here is my problem. I want to clone more data unto tape before sending them offsite than the minimun 5% policy. Here is what I mean. If the tape is 5% used from the previous night, then it should be sent offsite. Here is what my legato environment looks like.
1 tape library with 8 LTO 2 drives
1 Networker server
1 storage node
SAN Celerra
30 clients (UNIX and WINDOWS)

At 7:30 PM the groups start to backup to disk, and the clone to tape using all 8 drives from the ADIC. At that point, I want to script the way that data are cloned to tapes.
I went to the legato training 1 and 2, and Legato support person could not help.

Any suggestion or script recommendation will help.

Thank you for very much,

I assume you use automatic cloining. This might have longer than expected. You could run a script at the end of the backup which does the following:

- run mminfo to get the SSIDs of all these save sets
and put those to a file
- execute one (or multiple) nsrclone commands which clones
these save sets to these devices (pools)

This is the way to optimize the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back