Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To old newbie about signature 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehawk734

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
US
Sir,

I have a question about your signature "OLD NEWBIE" sign that rolls your name out kinda sorta whatever u call it.

In flash, do you use scripting to get smooth text rolling like that????

I am curious because as far as tweening goes, am I limited to guessing and toying with the tweening on an animation if i want something sliding across the screen to come to a complete stop???

That was done with Flax!

Then imported in Flash and edited. Regards,

new.gif

Oh so you cheated...LOL

SO to answer my second question...

As far as animation goes, if i was sliding some text across the screen, and wanted it to come to a complete stop gradually and at a uniform rate, can script do this/? Or do I have to make a couple key frames and tween the bastard just right?

Guess Wangbar or BBD could put something together in AS, for you. Is the text in a block or are you trying to move individual letters as somewhat of a trail effect? Regards,

new.gif

Its a text field...i have a typewriter effect occuring, and then that text is inside of a movie clip...so the movie clip plays out, then I slide the movie clip across the screen, but want it to gradually come to a stop.

Can script do this? or is it better that I just try to play with the keyframes and tween the bastard?

Thx

THat is a neat menu thing and I would like to know how to do that sometime, but not what i really want.

I am just interested in doing a presentation in which I may have a sentence slide across but then slow down to a stop, then disappear after 3 seconds..

So whats this deceleration scripting about?? I would imagine theres also acceleration?

Thought you would pick up on the code of that menu, and check the movie clip's acceleration and deceleration before it comes to a stop when you press a menu item.
But once again, Wangbar has posted severals such scripts, and I'm sure, if he comes around, he'll work this out for you. Maybe our new expert Rgstewart could even step in!

In any case, you might try searching through Wangbar's "replies in other threads", if you hit his name on the right top box and hit the second link, on his profile page. You can't really use the search this way, but you can scroll down on all of his replies, and maybe some thread title will jump in your face!

Best I can do for now! Regards,

new.gif

Decelerating something in script is really easy...

You need an end position, a current position and a speed factor - the formula is move=(end position-current position)/speed factor in code this is...

onClipEvent (load) {
endPosition = 550;
//currentPosition;
_x =0;
speed = 10;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
this._x += (endPosition-_x)/speed;
}

Just attach this code to any clip you want to move then change the speed and position variables to get the effect you want. Slainte

I do most of the talking... And you get the star!
You owe me one Wang! LOL Regards,

new.gif

i gave u one too oldnewbie, dont want anyone to feel left out...and i like ya LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back