Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To many NDR's involving relaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtstangman35

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2002
US
Good Morning,

I am having a problem where I am receiving many undeliverables (NDRs) do email addresses that are valid. This never happened with 5.5 but now with Exchange 2000 it seems to be overwhelming. The message is below. Any ideas?

Text on the NDR:

wkshearer@boylesmoak.com on 3/18/2003 6:43 PM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<webmail.cpcuiia.org #5.5.0 smtp;513 Relaying denied.>

Thanks,
Wes

Some firewalls have trouble with ESMTP (I know Watchguard does, for example). Try disabling it.

To do this open your Exchange System Manager, find your SMTP connection agreement and open the properties of it, click on the advanced tab, and click the checkmark telling it to send HELO instead of EHLO. Marc Creviere
Network Administrator
Total Logistic Control, LLC

Have you tried this? I too get alot of these!

Jeanine Moss (jmoss1@houston.rr.com) on 9/19/2003 5:26 PM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<stanthony02.staoptw.org #5.5.0 smtp;550 Relaying denied to houston.rr.com>

Dan Crandell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back