Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

to lopess1211, digital 1800 line

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAsh

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
Hello,

I read your profile and you seem the most qualified to guide me with a few questions. Anyone who knows, please feel free to advice as well.

Plan:
Setting up a 1800 phone-in medical dictation service. A physician will dial my 1800 number, access a voice server which should covert their voice data to digital files. Those digital files get compressed and sent to my transcriptionists via ftp. Transcriptions downlaod, lsiten, transcribe, and email my service back a MS Word Doc. I send the file to the apporpriate physician.

In terms of technical advice, how can i get mupltple physicans be able to contact via telephone my voice server. 1800 lines cost too much on a perminute basic and also it has to be multi user.

Thank you and i appreciate in advance your thoughtful response.

Sincerly,
Dr. Ash

DrAsh

Your per minute charges I can't help you with, that's between you and your provider (I have seen them as low as 3cents a minute for high volume). As to multiple calls, you just need to work with your provider in directing where calls to the 800# go. See, an 800# isn't like your home telephone, it gets routed to a number you specify. So, if you have a decent sized PBX you program a hunt group and tell your provider to point to the hunt group extension. If you are working with POTS lines you purchase multiple, have your provider program them to hunt and, again, point the 800 to the first station in the hunt. Sorry for the ramble, let me know if you need this clarified further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back