Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To Firebird Scrambler on Find Me/Follow Me setup post

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi Firebird Scrambler,

After setting up the Find Me/Follow Me, I found out that it does not work on plan analog pots lines but I found your post from 2016 that you had it setup to work on analog pots lines.

I am very curious how you were able to get it to work on analog pots lines if you don't mind sharing

Thanks

No worries. I got it to work only by having the incoming call arrive via a SIP trunk onto an Auto Attendant first. I was then able to get it to route out via my analogue trunk.

As far as I recall, I couldn't get an analogue trunk to break out over another analogue trunk.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

And in my case the call can come in on either an analog or sip trunk but the FMFM goes back out on a sip trunk.

I use my wood shop phone for FMFM purposes.

Answer DN on wood shop phone for my main phone
Mailbox created for wood shop phone
Mailbox setup to call out on sip trunk DestCode/phonenumber
My mobile phone has a SIP app and is registered to a SIP provider to receive the call.
My sip account on the mobile is actual a sub account of my main SIP #.

You can use sub accounts too if you already have a SIP account.
DestCode/Ext# of subaccount

I wrote a FAQ that might expand more so check it out under FMFM - Find Me/Follow Me

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back