Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To differentiate Individual message tree from the standard tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrs1008

Programmer
Sep 16, 2003
US
Hi,

I wanted to extarct Type tree for the individual message from the standard type tree provided by the mercator.
e.g : From ansi4020.mtt provided by Mercator, I wanted to create the type tree only for the inbound message type #834.

Are there any method to extract all the elements, segments & Loops for the transaction Inbound #834? This tree will be complete tree only for the #834 Inbound transaction.

Regards,
Vibhav1008

I don't know of any way to copy all related parts of a type tree. However you can copy elements from one type tree to another and their sub elements.
Another way is to export the relevant parts and then import them to type designer.

Absolutley there's a way.

Can't remember the exact steps...BUT ensure you have an empty tree where the Top object of the empty tree IS the SAME name as the Top object of the Other tree.

With the 2 trees side by side...

You will then click on your required top level object to copy in the main tree as the source field and then on the empty tree as the target field (copy as).

In the main Type tree its either the merge option OR the 'copy as' and populate the field that says copy sub fields (or similar).

You could practice it easy enough by having 1 simple tree with multiple file types (under a main category object say Data)

A new tree - single category object called Data (this is the important thing) Top level object name.

Then using my hints above, get one of the file types and sub related objects across to the other tree.

Hope that helps.

Thx a lot friends for the reply..,

Solution suggested by ekimr worked fine...

Thx a lot once again..

Regards,
Vibhav1008

Regards,
Vibhav1008

That's what I meant but not in so much detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back