Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To ComTech (Jim).. i need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

generasianxxx

Technical User
Nov 10, 2001
US
i installed xp on my computer and my rockwell HCF 56k PCI modem was undected. i read in another thread that i can dl the win2000 driver on your site and it'll still work for xp. can you confirm this? i dont wanna reinstall xp and have it not work and having to reformat my computer for the third time. thanks in advance.

It won't cause you to reformat again, it's just a driver.
You FIRST have to get the system to recognize that there's a modem present, before you can install a driver for it.
The driver I have IS KNOWN to work on:
Askey
Acer
Atech
Creative
Digicom
GVC
Harmony
Newcom
Phoebe
Puretek (at least one model)
Spirit
Taicom
viva
Zoom
Zoltrix
Anyone else can add to this list, please do so. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

i have a rockwell/conexant hcf model. is there any place i can dl a driver for that brand?

i tried installing the win2000 driver that you said works for xp as well. but it didnt work out. any help?

jim.. how can i find out who makes my modem? every where i look it says rockwell. i dont recall seeing any brand names on the modem itself. can you help me out?

I called the HP support # and they told me my modem is a Rockwell/Riptide sound card modem combo. I looked on the modem itself and "Smart Modular Technologies" was on there too. I went to S.M.T. official site and they said the version I have, i must contact the manufacter to find out about updates. I'm real lost now and mad. HP offered me an XP driver disc for $9.95. I dont think so. Jim, i went to your site and tried dling the askey driver you had for hcf xp modems. the link is broken. any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back