Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To Classify Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgg21

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
SG
Hi,

I have this database here. It has 2 tables. One is employee info another is employee activities. The table on employee activities is actually showing the schedule of the employees. The dates and the kinda of shift each one is doing. It also shows whether the day he is working issit a public holiday or not.

Now I want to do a report that will tabulate a person's kind of shift, how many public holidays he has done etc etc.

Can I have an idea how to start on this?

Thks
Jerry

Start by creating a query that joins the two tables and save it as "qselEmpActivities". Then select this query and the button bar select to create an auto report. Come on back with more information if you have more questions.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Hi Duane,

Thx for your reply.

I tried out the method u mentioned. It was not exactly wat I have in mind. What I want is a report that will tabulate for example how many Shift1 or how many Shift2 an employee has done. A summary to be exact. The autoreport function just shows all the records. How do I achieve the tabulation?
Using VBA? Pls kindly advise. THanks

Jerry

It is hard to understand what you want if you aren't more specific. Your report displays what is made available in its record source query. Build the query to display the summary values the way you want and then create a report from the query. You can also accumulate totals and other aggregates within the report.

If you are having an issue with creating the query then you need to come back here or to the query forum with your table and field names, some sample records, and what you want to display in your results.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Hi,

Yes indeed. I wuld like to accumulate totals within the report. How do I go about doing that? My idea of the report:

Shift1 Shift2 Shift3
John 10 20 30
Mary 30 10 20

Issit posssible to achieve this?

Rgds
Jerry

yes

Duane
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back