Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To claculate the previous value of the same measure. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

binboy77

MIS
Oct 20, 2002
IN
Hi,
I want claculate a formula where i have to use the previous value of the same variable i am calculating in the formula

"cumulative frequency" = "frequency" + previous value of "cumulative frequency".

But when i use the Previous() function in BO it give me an error saying that there is a looping in the variable.

Is there any other way in BO by which i can calculate such a formula. Writing a free hand SQL for the above is also fine.

Thanks
Bin

Yes it will. When one does something like that it will end in a Loop. But how about using RunningSum() if all you are looking at is a Cummulative Sum of a Measure. But if you can show us a sample data and the result you are looking at then we can give other alternatives.

Sri

Sri,
I think the RunningSum() is the correct function i was looking for. That solves my problem...
Thanks
Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back