Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

To Cisco Networking Academy Instructors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitelD

Vendor
Mar 21, 2006
US
My company is sending me to a local college to take Academy courses for my CCNA. These courses are Computer Network Systems I,II,III and Computer Network Systems Certification Review. Course I delas with Network Technology basics and covers major components of networks, fundamentals of network operation and the CCNA process. Course II deals with Router and Routing Basics and III is for intermediate routing and WAN technology. My question: Is there anything else that I need to take to help me with my CCNA?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

DigitelD,

I have taught in a Cisco Network Academy for about 8 years and the 4 courses/content from Cisco for the CCNA are FANTASTIC!!

It should get you about 85-95% ready for the CCNA depending on how well your instructor takes advantage of all that Cisco has available for these classes and how well they know what they are teaching!

If the instructors know their stuff and they teach the course the way Cisco wants and they have the Cisco hardware and they have you do the hands-on labs and YOU do all that you are asked - it will be a GREAT learning experience!

I still would get the Sybex CCNA Study Guide and read that for another view on things - as with Cisco Press books - the Academy Program tends to go into MUCH greater detail to make you well rounded Cisco network admins and not just enough to pass the exam - which of course is a good thing :)

The Sybex book will help you when you go to study for the exam and want to study just what will be on the exam.

Like I said, it gives you a different view on things and tends to make complex topics much easier to understand - between the Academy Program and Sybex - you should have no trouble with the CCNA!

This is a great program when it is done how CISCO wants it to be done - I have seen instructors and schools that want to do their own thing or think they know better then Cisco and things are not as great :-(

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back