Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tnslsnr.exe failed to initialize

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyh

Technical User
Jul 16, 2000
GB
Hi

I have expereinced problems with our windows 2000 server - i am running raid 5 and a container was showing as critical - i called dell support and they sent an engineer with a new disk - unfortunatley he tried hot swapping an incorrect disk and this caused the container to die due to bad sectors on a further disk - i managed to repair the bad sectors and rebuild the array using the good disk and the repaired disk ( the other disk is still incorrect and awaiting coorect replacement ) when the array was rebuilt i can no longer access my oracle database - on boot up i get msg tnslsnr.exe failed to initialise and oracle.exe failed to initialise - i think i may need to dismount and remount the database but i am not sure, also i need some advice

Hi,
Actually one bad tech does not indicate that the hardware is a bad choice. We have hundreds of Dell servers and thousands of Dell workstations and the support we receive is best-in-class, based on my 20+ years of dealing with hardware suppliers.

Has your DBA tried to recreate the instance from a backup controlfile or the last valid export?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back