Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNS: lost contact in Oracle after migration OS Server/OracleVersion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl123

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
PT
After install for 3 day of configutarion work, we can´t establish connection in the local machine of migration to upgrade database.
Can´t connect after migration from 4.0f to 5.1a CompaqTru64, and migration to 9.2.0 of Oracle.
Lookin in help (metalink ... etc ) other people have same trouble and some need to relink or change some kernel properties.
Please, does somebody knows something ?
Thsk ... best regards !

RCM

Not sure I completely understand what the problem is, but you mention that you upgraded to Oracle 9.2. Does that mean that there are now multiple Oracle Homes on the server? If so, make sure that your TNSNAMES.ORA files are the same. There is a way to make them both read from one directory, but I can't remember what it is (SEM or Karluk will know).

Sorry if that is not the answer to your question. Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back