Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error,TNS-00516: Permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoteshHandle

Programmer
Mar 30, 2006
US
Hi,
I am having the following problem on my system from couple of days. Please help me to fix this. Greatly appreicate your help:

I have windows 2000 Advanced server with SP4.
SAP was working fine my system few days ago, but I have installed some Audio drivers then it stated giving the following problem. Please help me to fix this:

1 Start SAP MMC and click on “Start” on SAP R/3 Systms. It will trun green after sometime.
2 Now, start SAP Logon Pad 60 and double click on “SAP 4.7”.
3 Boom…. You see the error shown in the figure. Basically “Dispatcher” is stopped and SAP R/3 Systms becomes Yellow. It will never become green even if you close and open or do whatever you want ( except re-booting the system again ).
4 As per the sqlnet.log file ( please find the full file attached ), the error seems to
a. TNS-00516: Permission denied
b. TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
c. TNS-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

Not sure why you would want to install audio on a server. Have you tried un-installing them?

Speak to your BASIS group also.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back