Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNG USD failure creating several jobs together

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1bber

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
Has anyone ever had problems creating several jobs in USD on a W2K machine. The error would seem to be related to the fact that One job has been set up with a number of installations and the second job is created before SDO has finished creating all the stuff in the activate area. One of the jobs quite often has problems of the type "application initialisation error" often cazipxp but also USD specific processes as well. Allowing time between job setups seems to alleviate the problem but its not allways 100% with multiple users working on the system. It seems likely to be some sort of environment/or usage type issue but where do you start on something like this.

It *may* be an SQL issue, as I experienced it for the first time last night, where I was manually creating jobs via the SDO GUI, while an automated process was creating one via command line.

I got an alert from SQL about SQL server locks, none of the job containers got created (they stayed in the waiting state with no machines listed ro anything) and SQL has been using a lot of CPU on the SQL server since then. Even now I think I will have to recycle SQL or reboot, as I can't even delete these incomplete job containers.

Unfortunately I am no SQL guru, so I am not sure how to aviod this in the future!

Crofty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back