Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tnameserver picks up the wrong ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankursaxena

Programmer
Sep 7, 2001
US
Hi, I run tnameserver, register a object with it on the machine and then have another program connect to this server to get the handle for the object i just registered.

but while doing an ethereal it shows that the ORB is being sent back, but the IP address given in that is the private ip which the other machine cant use to connect.

The main server has 3 IPs, 2 of which are public and 1 private, unfortunetly its picking the private one, how can I configure tnameserver to pick the correct IP also, how do I switch on tracing for tnameserver, since i cant figure out whats happening there?

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ankur

Is this really a pure Java question Ankur?

Tim

the tnameserver is from the java distribution, so i thought someone in the java section will know, if you the problem, which section will you post it in, let me know, I will post it there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back