Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN793CP Card Fail Light 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
BS
The TN793CP card in this photo seems to be having an issue. Does the whole system need to be shut down in order to reseat it or is this a shutdown after business hours kinda thing?

Image_ysu5gg.png

station port cards can be changed, unplugged, plugged in, with power to the carrier.

suggest removing 25 pair cable from back of failing card slot (to eliminate wiring issue) and try reseating card and even trying different slot. Card should test and lights cycle when inserted.

A great teacher does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

49 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 39 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Brilliant. We will try this today and report back with the results, appreciate the response.

Question, if we get a replacement TN793CP card for that chassis, will there be any configuration involved or is it plug and play?

Plug and play as long as it goes into the same slot.

That's what I thought, thank you Sean, I needed a snappy reply and you delivered. I'm mostly new to Aura/CM and just starting to learn it as I've only worked on Nortel BCMs, IP Office, a little bit of Mitel 3300s and CUCM, but I'm the primary guy now for Aura as well so I'm trying to quickly learn what I can until they can possibly get me some training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back