Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN771 Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizuno

Technical User
Mar 29, 2006
GB
I'm prepping for an upgrade and slowly upgrading the TN circuit pack firmware, where able. I have a few TN771DP's. I updated one with no problem, but the next one is not showing the new firmware. The steps to execute the firmware download all went fine and I did status the download, which lookeded to complete. When I do a list config the vintage has not changed. I tried a second time and caused a minor alarm, which cleared itself but same issue with no updated vintage.

I haven't looked, but is there different firmware for different models of that TN? Do a 'list conf all' and then compare to the support site. If you have the correct FW and doing the same process that worked before, perhaps the board isn't stable and you can replace it. If you even need it.. I have 2 core 6.x CM's with a few PN's of G650's and some have told me I don't need that board and others have said I do. So I just keep it.

Code:
 GW      TN Circuit Pack                       Latest     Last
MM/TN    Gateway / Media Module     Hardware   Firmware   Update Date
-----    -------------------------  ---------  --------   -----------
TN771  - Maint  TN771 DP Test       All        FW023    - 10/24/16

tn771DP is needed in all port networks that use packet bus.

Latest TN Circuit Pack, Server, and Media Gateway Firmware and Software Updates

First try reseating the circuit-pack then try the upgrade again. Are you using tn799 to stage the firmware, and is the tn771 in the same port network as the clan board?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

There was a v23 out, which I got installed on one of the packs. I'll try reseating it and no, I used a CLAN from another PN to upload and disperse from. Maybe that's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back