Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN2224 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaArmy

Technical User
Mar 1, 2004
AE
I've a new Digital station card TN2224 to install on our Definity G3si v8 system.

- What are the precautions needs to be taken?
- Is that hot-swappable?
- After inserting the card I'm aware that I should find the card in "li conf all". do I need any other configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Wear the grounding wrist strap. No additional configuration is required. You can do 'list configuration [all, port-network, carrier, or board]'. When you say 'hot-swappable' do you mean replacing a TN2224 with another TN224? If 'yes', then it is hot-swappable. If you are replacing a different type of DCP circuit pack, i.e. TN754 or TN2181, with the TN2224 you first have to x-port all of the assigned ports before replacing the card.

Kevin

Pretty much all the station cards on a G3i are hot swappable. Granted, you'll drop whatever calls happen to be on them but the system won't complain in the slightest.

As 4merAvaya says, grounding is critical but I've replaced station cards with one hand on the frame and had no problems.

I thought if the vintages were off, you need to x-port all the stations or you'll have a board conflict.

For example: TN2224 if replaced with the TN2224DP, the vintages are different, I didn't think it would work. So hot-swappable, well sort of...

Thanks,
Chris

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back