Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN is tying up Intercom Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2000
CA
Occasionally we'll have a couple of episodes where the Intercom gets "hung up", meaning that no one can use it, and it makes no sound. When you do a ld 80 trck on it (the intercom is TN 17 7) you get this:

trck 17 7

ACTIVE TN 017 0 00 07
ORIG 010 0 00 08 0 ACD 0 7002 SL1 VMS AGENT
TERM 017 0 00 07 WATS RMBR 10 1
DIAL DN 80
MAIN_PM ESTD
TALKSLOT ORIG 30 TERM 62
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 0 312

-------------------------------------

The intercom has a 30 second auto disconnect set on it, however TN 10 8 doesn't seem to have this rule applied. Of further interest, 10 8 is a Meridian Mail Voice port, and I have disabled it in the system to no avail:

.stat 10 8
DSBL MSB LOG OUT

Any idea on how a disabled voice mail port is tying up our intercom, if that is the case?

Thanks,
Dean G>

YOUR SAYING INTERCOM, BUT I'M ASSUMING THAT YOU MEAN PAGING.
IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE MAYBE TRYING TO HACK YOUR SYSTEM THROUGH VOICEMAIL. CHANGE YOUR TN'S FOR MAIL, GIVE THEM A TGAR THAT CAN'T DIAL 80. ALSO TO DROP THAT GO TO LD 14 AND DO A CHANGE ON THE TRUNK, JUST RETURN THROUGH ALL THE PROMPTS. SHOULD DROP THE TRUNK

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

faster way, in your rest/permission tables, deny 8 as a first digit.. the reason a ftd might fail. if i am auto dialing 80, you do the disconect, i still dial 80, as far as tracing a call active to a disu set... have never ran into that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back