Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN and DN Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

telklass

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2015
US
Hi Guys,

It's been a while go into overlay 20 do a print of all unused TN and DN from the cs1k in order to create new phone , but this question came up on my mind since i am not the one who have this oportunity to build this system . How CS1K generate those TN and DN numbers... i read somewhere for TN it's come from the cards inserted on the system but no idea for the DN number . Can you guys give me a clue.

Look forward to your reply .

Thanks !

TN's are (usually) derived from the physical pair of wires a device is connected to. On larger systems the TN is the superLoop Shelf Card Unit.

Large systems are divided in to superloops. Each superloop contains physical 2 shelves, 0 and 1. Each shelf contains 8 cards. And depending on the card there are usually 8 or 16 physical connections for phones or trunks (starting at 0).

So, if your phone is connected to the 6th pair of wires, on the 2nd card in the first cabinet of superloop 4, the TN would be 004 0 02 05 (or 4 0 2 5). Also be aware that in the case of MG1000 cabinets, there is a skip in card numbers. The main cabinet houses cards 1-4 and the secondary cabinet house cards 7-10. A pair of MG1000 cabinets (NTDU14 and NTDU15) make up a shelf.

On small or Option 11 systems, TN's are only Card and Unit. So the 6th pair of wires, on the 2nd card in the first cabinet of an Option 11 would be TN 2 5. The 4th pair of wires on the 3rd card in the second cabinet of an Option 11 would be 13 3.

With IP phones, you will create a virtual loop for your IP phones to go in. TN's in a virtual loop are all logical--they do not represent a physical card or pair of wires.

Also, please note that I am writing this from the perspective of a CS1000. The concepts are the same but more involved on the all TDM switches like the Option 81.

LUVU in LD 20 will give you unused voice units if looking for digital or analog. LUDN will give you unused DN's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back