Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TMDI and MSDL DCH in same system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2013
US
I have an Option 11C and trying to do some testing without "outing" my current trunk to test another trunk via DCH with MSDL... I believe in the past, I would have to alter the CDB to "ISDN YES" in order to use the MSDL capability... In turn this would cause issues with the TMDI card and the current DTI I have implemented... Now I believe this is the case due to the Lack of the TMDI package that my option 11 fails to have...(or I would be able to use TMDI for my DCH for my PRI) So my question is, Could someone confirm this for me? Also what does the CDB "ISDN YES" have to do with a DTI, is the TMDI managing the clocking perhaps? Or could the CDB "ISDN YES/NO" be a toggle for MSDL/TMDI? If I did have the TMDI package on my pbx, would that allow MSDL and TMDI?
Thanks!

You can certainly have TMDI and MSDL in a system, this one is a mixture of the 2 and is supporting NI2 and D100 trunks

.stat msdl
MSDL 004 0 2 ENBL <--NI2 card type NTDW79AAE5
MSDL 004 0 3 ENBL <--NI2 card type NTDW79AAE5
MSDL 008 0 1 ENBL <--NI2 card type NTDW79AAE5
MSDL 008 0 2 ENBL <--NI2 card type NTDW79AAE5
.stat tmdi
TMDI 016 0 2 ENBL <--NI2 card type NTRB21ACE5
TMDI 016 0 3 ENBL <--NI2 card type NTRB21ACE5
TMDI 020 0 2 ENBL <--D100 card type NTRB21ACE5
TMDI 020 0 3 ENBL <--D100 card type NTRB21ACE5
TMDI 024 0 3 ENBL <--D100 card type NTRB21ACE5

Like you say ISDN is set yes in the NET_DATA

The system above is a 7.6 CS1000E

Pretty sure you have to have ISDN- YES for any PRI configuration no matter what the card type. The TMDI card removed the necessity to have an onboard D-Channel card where the old T-1 cards had to have either an old D-Channel daughter board or the newer Downloadable D-Channel daughter board. Obviously the TMDI card needed neither one, just licenses.

Thanks for the reply guys(assuming guys sorry if not)! I believe that the TMDI DCH will have issues if I enable ISDN YES, after review I think that it is due to my current release... If I could update release then I could utilize TMDI DChannel for PRI but since that is not an option I have to go with MSDL with Daughter to be able to even do a PRI... In order to do this, I would need ISDN on, thus screwing up the current DTI... Me thinky I can't do both...

>ld 22
PT2000

REQ iss

VERSION 2111
RELEASE 24
ISSUE 24
Running Realease 24 and I think that needs to be 25 <=... Correct me if I'm wrong... Thanks!

Turning on ISDN should have no affect on your current DTI. Because you can certainly have PRI's and T-1's in the same system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back