Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM3.1 session window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmine31

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2008
GB
Hi
Cant login via tm3.1(su4) to a cs1000E/T 4.5 s/w.
I'm using the session window to get me to the command line,
all other sites are 4.5 as well and they are all ok.
tried adding a new site to tm but that fails as well, i get a "invalid password/user name" combination error msg.
Any ideas?

Invalid password/user name" combination error is telling you exactly what the problem is.

Doh! stupid me!
no, seriously, no one has changed any passwords or changed anything else!
it just stopped workin!
where is this p/w stored? is it within cs1000? or in TM3?
how can i change it?
we can log on to the cs1000 normally using hyperterminal etc
using the same p/w combination.
it seems to be something to do with the vertual tty or with tm.

There are several places that the password is stored for different uses. One is under the system properties and the one you are probably looking for is under group administration where you allow access to the individual systems.

Signature===========================================

anyone get anywhere with this? we have the same problem on 2 different tm3 sites.

The username and passwords are fine as I can log onto the meridian directly with them, just not through TM

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

We have experienced this a few times. We end up creating a seperate log-in that only the TM3 server uses. We change the account on the TM3 server site admin section and tried connecting to the switch and it worked. Now, as to what caused it from failing to access the switch... don't know. But as Jasmine indicated the account still works if you access the switch directly.

we've tried this and still no joy - it's only when you try to access vt220 or olerlay passthrowhen it fails - all the scheduled jobs appear to run

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

There is a issue with a patch on 4.5 that will cause SNMP MIB queries to not get a respones. Nortel recomends removing mplr26697 then INI to restart SNMP task. Following is cut and pasted from Nortel alert 2009009320 that was issued on 2/11

Background: The alert is to communicate issues experienced when using MPLR26697 on CS 1000 Release 4.5 systems.

Analysis: Patch I.D.: MPLR26697 Title: INI after BERR0705 in task "Snmpd" TM server disabled M3904 Set

MPLR26697 was issued to address a problem that resulted in a warmstart (INI) of the Call Server when specific maintenance tasks were performed via Telephony Manager(TM). This issue was reported from a single site and is considered to be relatively infrequent.

Software Impact: 4.50W
System Impact: CPT, CPP, CPP4, (SSC changed from LTD to OBE)

MPLR26697 was set to GEN Released status and delivered in the CS 1000 Release 4.50W DepLists (CPP, CPT, CPPIV) as of October 6th, 2008.

Problem Description: A recent issue has been detected with MPLR26697 in that it can block SNMP communication with the Call Server. The symptom is that SNMP MIB queries will not get a response. This issue would impact any NMS system attempting to communicate with the system, Telephony Manager operations, and NetIQ operations, where MPLR26697 is enabled.

Recommendations: It is recommended that MPLR26697 be removed to ensure above issue is not experienced. After MPLR26697 is taken out of service, it is necessary to initiatize (INI) the system.

M31690,

Many thanks for that! We have this patch on both our systems..... I'll get them taken off and see what happens.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back