Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM1 Web performance Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNetNewbie

Programmer
Mar 3, 2004
GB
Hi there,

We currently run Cognos 9.5 and up until last week everything seemed to work fine.

I am not a Cognos user so please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology :(

A few of the core users have the ability to use the accelerator client within excel to extract information from the Cognos server, this is almost instantaneous. However users who use the TM1 web interface often get time-outs and are unable to carry out the work needed.

The dedicated Cognos server is Quad processor with 16Gb of memory, running IIS for the web front end. SQL 2005 express is installed on the server and the only DB that would be used is the one for Cognos.

I have used PerfMon to check the disk read/write times and these are fine, along with the general overall performance of the server.

The only element that changed last week was some Microsoft security patches were applied, however I have taken these off, restarted the server and the issue remains.

Any advice you can offer is most welcome, if you require and further information please let me know.

.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back