Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM 3.0 Qustion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1HWNGAMBLER

Technical User
Dec 16, 2006
US
When trying access TM Web client through a firewall, I'm getting to the logon page, but I get "Failed to authenticate" message. The user account is set with administrator rights. I can logon from the server through Elan and Clan. We have tried opening the firewall (all ports) and still no go.
Any ideas????

You might try adding the TM's URL to your computer's Trusted Sites.

I have had that error. I think it has to do with a timeout issue of some sort because I reboot the box and it tends to go away. I don't have to go trhough a firewall, so I don't think it's a firewall problem.

*** also it I noticed that you couldn't have duplicate log-on- ie- you can't use the web GUI with the same login at two stations.

I now have an error where I can't log into the splash page where it states "Unable to authenticate user.Please try again. If problem persists, contact your system administrator." When I go to the /Admin, I get prompted for a file download. "SessionTimeoutValidation.jsp

When I use the Ip\admin, I still get that file download prompt.

-jade

try this...

Cannot log into TM web page.
Problem Description Fact: Nortel Communication Server 1000 Telephony Manager TM Rls 3.00.80 beta Web login Windows 2003 Server Symptom: Cannot log into TM web page. Cannot get to TM login page on the web. Getting HTTP 500 internal server error
Cause: IE security options was not set on the server as per TM requirements.
Problem Resolution Fix: On the Windows 2003 Server, under IE Tools---Internet Options---Security----Trusted sites the security level needs to be Medium-Low as per GRB document. If this is set to medium or high you will see this issue.

yyrkroon- thanks for the info- I am going to try is. Here is some info for other login porblems.

Symptom: Error: Can’t create OTMAuthentication Instance

Symptom: Error: Authentication: 8000401a

Symptom: Unable to log into OTM

Symptom: Unable to log into OTM Server using the local admin account Cause: Administrative account is not showing logged in as the “Interactive user” on the PC Fix: Perform the following steps:

1)Reboot the PC and log in using the local admin account. Do not attempt to log into OTM.

2)Start --> Programs --> Administrative Tools --> Component Services

3)From Component Services expand the following folders --> Computers --> My Computer --> COM+ Applications

4)Right click and select properties of the OTM Application

5)Select the Identity tab. Change the radio button from Interactive user to This User. Use the browse button to locate the Local Administrators account and select it. Input and confirm the password. Apply. Okay. Log into OTM

Ok- for the web page not authenticating, I ran a repair on the software, and it now works like a charm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back