Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM 3.0 Install Problem--initdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

billgray

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Trying to install TM 3.0 on Win 2K3 server, and the machine is joined to a domain. IIS is installed and was configured using the VB script from Nortel's web site

The Postgre SQL install fails every time with this error:

"Failed to create process for initdb: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Has anyone had this problem? I'm following the NTP to the letter. The local security policies are set per the NTP, and I'm logging in as Administrator.
The required local policies are set for this server on the domain controller, not just locally since the domain will override changes made locally

Our O/S team SWEARS it shouldn't have ANYTHING to do with domain policies. Famous last words...

Any insight would be appreciated.

If antivirus software is loaded, unload it, re-install TM, re-install antivirus.

Thanks for the tip...that fixed it for you?

One installation that I had, needed to get Nortel involved with the same problem. Removing the antivirus software allowed the installation to get past the Postgres error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back