Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM 3.0 Dongle problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrivois

Technical User
Dec 10, 2008
US
I am getting this message when logging into the web page.

Login failed because the TM server is missing the required security device (Dongle)

Have tried a restart and that did not help. Not sure where to check for this, to see if it does see the dongle.

Look at the back of the PC to see if it has a USB dongle or parallel port pas through dongle. If not. Thats why you have the problem.

The dongle is in there and has a green light on it.

i think that there is a process "DongleChecker.exe" that is required to be running on the server or at least at boot up.

DongleRead.exe is a program that verifys your dongle and displays the Serial Number. Its on TM CD and also in the TM Folder, This will prove the Dongle is connected OK. However I have had similar TM problems where I got the message the dongle is missing, It seemed to be caused by a Windows Update, I resolved it by reinstalling Windows and the Reinstalling TM, There may be an easy solution but I havent found it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back