Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TLU77 trunk line info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogiebendogie

Technical User
Apr 29, 2004
US
We are looking at switching telecom providers. The new provider is asking questions about how the switch handles the connection. We currently have a T1 super trunk connected to a TLU77 and we are running BC8. Here is what they are asking:

"The things we are looking for revolve around how the Ericsson seizes a free channel on the T1 as well as how communication is done for sending and receiving for call set up. Etc. Most customers want glare to be handled by their own PBX. With digital trunks, we need to know whether the phone system sends and receives using “immediate” or “wink” or other protocol. Also, we need to know how digits it expects to receive from us, I am thinking either 10 digits or 0 digits, as any other value would not make any sense. Another thing is whether DTMF pulsing or DP is used. The trunk channel hunt from customer end is usually two-way backward where as we would be two-way forward. I think that is pretty much most of what we are looking for."

Does anyone know or know what I should print to find out?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back