Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tldtest unkillable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2002
GB
I often have to use robtest to release tapes from drives etc., and occasionally it gets hung-up. Any attempt to exit from it anything other than cleanly result in tldtest running, and holding onto the device, and yet it seems to be unkillable by anything other than a reboot. (W2K/NB341) Anyone cracked this one ?

You may have other issues here such as drivers etc. I have found a similar problem (I was able to eject the tape using robtest and then using Handle to kill the open process) - The issue ended up being the W2K Quantum DLT driver version 1.2. They have released version 1.7 which has resolved the issue.

BTW - 1.2 worked on W2K SP2 but when I upgraded to W2K SP3 the issue arose.

Handle ? Not familiar with this. Is this a veritas tool, or resource kit ?

Handle is a great utility that I got from sysinternals.com - This is not plug for them just a mention that this is where you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.