Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TLAN G/Wboth

Status
Not open for further replies.

krasemeer

Technical User
Dec 31, 2007
JO

I`ve already configured PBX RLS 5.0 wih h323 voip trunks.

All TLAN & ELAN IP are reeacheble except the gateway for BOTH TLAN & ELAN are not pingibb.
when running the maintinance report in element manager for VTRK , the result is , VTRK status :standby ,
reason due to the network failure.
both pbx are connected now in the lab on the same LAN ,

do i need in this situation the gateways ? and do they effect the h323 trunks to be not registers, finaly any suggestion to look why they are not pingable??
Regards

There is a box in the element manager that you need to uncheck and then the dchannel will establish and the trunks will idle. Basically what it does is ping the gateway and if it can not see it the dchannel disables.

You must be able to ping the gateway or calls will not route. That is not an issue of the PBX it is an issue with physical connectivity or network routing.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

If you are in a lab environment, I would configure the gateways and set up routing, that way you can get a truer test of equipment operation compared to the production environment.

i work in a lab environment , iam wondering that pabx running as standalon , ip telephone work will.

what u think about physical connectivity ,all hardware infront me on the lab table. already i setup the g/w and routing.

i think i have some wrong on the network routoeing , so need help if possible in steps a not in detail how to configure the network routing.

thanks alot

Krasemeer,

I'm sorry, but I am not sure how to answer your question. I read your question to ask that you need help in the general steps, but not the details of setting up the routing. Is that correct?

If this is the case:

Define 2 distinct IP spaces, each with a unique default gateway.

Configure your router to route packets between each IP space.

Test routing from both IP spaces.

As above, turn off NETWORK HEALTH MONITOR in the ELEMENT MANAGER NODE programming and see if it works otherwise put a valid IP in there....

____________________________________________________________________________________
Quote: "Do What you Love, Love What you Do, And You will never Work another day in your life......

yes Triton , when i turn off the health monitor it is work , but in one direction from CS to BCM , but not working from BCM to CS !!! Any suggestion will apreciate.

other question : when I have to use the helth monitor ??

( I still can`t ping the GATWAY`S , is it response just when we use a router ?? mewn do i have to turn it on when the pbx installed at customer site ? )

Health monitor, as I understand it, is to avoid dead calls...

the SUCCESSION VOIP trunks have no clue that the NETWORK is down, unless the ETHERNET goes down to the SIG SERVER.... Calls will continue to route to the VOIP Trunks. The health monitor is supposed to avoid this but putting the VOIP trunks OOS if they can't see the Gateway (or whatever IP you put there), this way if you have a T1 as an ALT choice in the Route LIST BLOCK, then calls will go to the second choice, otherwise, you will never go to the T1.

If you ONLY have the VOIP Trunks, then it makes no DIFF if you turn it off or not.... only useful if you have a secondary choice in the RLB.

Your other problem where your calls are not coming back from the BCM is probably a TYPO or your NRS programming is wrong if you are using NRS for the BCM......

Check the BCM for incorrect IP or the NRS endpoint, to make sure you don't have the wrong IP or GATEWAY (or SUBNET MASK).

____________________________________________________________________________________
Quote: "Do What you Love, Love What you Do, And You will never Work another day in your life......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back