Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TLAN Changes for 1000E

Status
Not open for further replies.

orspres

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
US
I have a customer who is changing the entire TLAN IP Scheme which is going to cause me to change the entire 1000E system and (6) signalling servers. Is their a Nortel Procedure to do such a change? I did not find it in the CD Rom. Can it all be done through Element Manager from the Primary Signalling Server?

You will need to load the install CD's on all the sig servers to get to the config menu, then you need to change all media cards, all your phones, what are they benefitting by changing Tlan IP's.

Use element manager only. Until the Elan doesn't change, you don't need to reinstall anything.
Change all Tlan config in the Node config. Save and transfer. NRS have to be change regarding Primary and Alternate GK address. Go into home page of each NRS (Pri and Alt) and chnage there values.
If the sets use DHCP, you will have to change the Node IP@ in the DHCP server. Then use LD 117 RST ZONE xx START to restart IP sets to get their new node config. Otherwise, all IP sets have to be manually reconfigure

Once you change the Tlan you will lose your Element manager connection, you can try it thru Element manager, but you might end up having to do it thru the install.Unless I was missing something I tried it thru Element Manager, and was not succesfull and had to use the Install CD.

thanks to all for the suggestions. Will give it a go

Do the change in EM before the network schema change. You will be able to do the save and transfer and then you will have to reboot each of the elements.'

When they come up, they will be on the new schema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back