Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TL891 DLT - can not label or mount tapes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

karry

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2000
CA
We are having difficulty getting out Compaq TL891 DLT jukebox to mount, read, write, label any tapes. Legato can load the tape from the library into the DLT drive ok, but can not do anything with the tape from that point.
The Compaq Robot utility works very well and the hardware installation is ok.
We are using legato 5.5 on NT 4.0 server SP 6a.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem out there?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have been working with TL891 on Windows NT.
We now use Networker 6.0.1.

I had problems like that. What I did was to take all the cables out of the Library, reset it and then put them back again.

Do you get any error messages?

Have you tried resetting the library from Networker?

Thanks for your help! Re-seating the cables did help, but we also had to re-configure a few more things and re-install the DLT driver because it became corrupted some how.
The tape library is working fine so far.

Thanks again for the quick response!

I had this too and it was a setting on the adaptec controller. When you boot the window Nt server which ran ( at our site) networker 5.5x it came up with errors in the event log. After much determination we changed a setting in the adaptec contoller, you know before nt boots you see the "ctr a" to go into the config then I really cant'remember which one but I think it was to do with the setting that changes the througput from 20 to 10 mb per second. You will just have to note down what you have now then change a couple.!!

Out of curiosity, have you attempted to reset the hardware and element status when you encounter this error?

nsrjb -HEv (reset hardware / element status / verbose mode)

CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back