Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tl -Expect - tk - development of plug-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higlander

Programmer
Oct 22, 2013
US
Hello ALL - Greetings

I have been assigned to build a framework Solaris server which has following requirements:
1. The framework resides on one server. 2. The framework has the ability to communicate over the network with other servers.
3. The task that the framework executes on a target server ("Action") is never fixed: it can be anything and everything. The task itself changes every time and, as a result, needs to be written as a plug-in: it has to be defined and coded without touching the framework code. Having said that, it seems quite likely to me that the plug-in would be a script in itself, which is to be passed in as an argument on the command line upon executing the framework.
4. The framework communicates with target servers based on a list of servers that are provided as an input file.
5. The framework has the ability to communicate with databases on target servers.
6. The framework keeps 1 (one) log file for each execution, no matter how many target servers are in the input.

The whole task need to be executed on a target server.

I notice couple scripting in C shell with Expect - Tcl- Tk. Expect with Tcl (tickle) seems to be a little cryptic but I have to learn it on a fly .
Is there any change anybody can think if it can be done with Java and/or Java script ..

My background is oracle dba - some Unix scripting and some java language -

Any suggestion would be appreciated. May be there is another group who can give some pointer to me.
Thank you

Nathan Higlander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back