Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Workload Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosy4

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
IT
Please, I need your help! I would like to install TWS 8.1 but where to start? I have installed The Master Domain and the Job Scheduling Console. How to install the TWS standard agent and how to connect the standard agent with Master Domain? There is a good manual (pubblication) for TWS?

thanks a lot
Rosy

You will install TWS on your agents like you normally would with the exception that on NT, you will enter the name of the master or manager in the appropriate field during setup. On UNIX, you will specify the master by using the "-master" argument with the customize script. This is covered on pg. 39 of the Installation Guide.

The TWS reference guide covers workstation definitions on page 18.

In both cases, you must use the composer utility after setup to define the workstation (agent) type.

Link to the manuals:

Thank you very much for your reply. Can I use the Job scheduling console to define the workstation type and the other objects?

ROSY

I have tried it but I find that configuring the workstation itself is a more reliable method.

I need still of your help. I have now installed a workstation as Domain Master and a workstation as Standard Agent and I'm able now to run the job on these workstations.
I'm not able to run the Final job stream. I have add the job stream with the command add "Sfinal" but it is same in the ready state.

Thanks
Rosy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back