Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Transfer Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raygreen

Technical User
Sep 22, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a file server which has about 230GB of data. How long would you expect Tivoli to restore the whole content back in tha case of a disaster??.

I've run a few test and at the moment I am getting about 1GB and hour!.

I have also tried an archive on another server and the transfer rate on that is about 3.5 GB an hour.

My feeling is that this is to slow and should a disaster happen it will take longer to restore the files via Tivoli then it would buy Ultra back of such like.

Please let me know if these times are normall of Tivoli.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ray.

The time depends on hardware, software, and configuration, For 230G, TSM maybe handle it in 1 hour or in 230 hours.

Which platform are you running TSM on? Our transfer time varies, from 3 or 4 meg a second to up to 20 meg a second on some archives. We are running TSM 5.1.7 on an OS/390 system and I don't know if we're getting good transfer rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back