Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli- Software Distribution - Application not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevs

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2000
US
Hi...<br>I have deployed Tivoli software distribution in an 150 endpoint atmosphere... I'm sending an MS-Office 2000 software to 25 endpoint throu' Autopack... The Ms-Office software gets installed on endpoints but they won't just execute and open application...<br>Can anyone help here please.... Also help me&nbsp;&nbsp;in if same can be used with File package... and how?<br>thankx..<br>

I have never used autopak, Did distrubite and commit ?<br>We use File package and a batch file to commit the package.<br><br>I beleive autopak has a commit option..<br><br> <p> Tony ... aka chgwhat<br><a href=mailto:tony_b@technologist.com>tony_b@technologist.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>When in doubt,,, Power out...

There is no commit option in Autopack...<br>Tried all even sending Autopack agent to Endpoints...<br>Can u tell how this can be achieved in Filepackage..<br>thankx..<br><br>jeev

Select the autopact properties and there should be a spot for you to run programs before, after and for commit. For file packages under platform specfic options we name a batch or exe file to run before( check for space) after confirm all received and commit to place the software in production. The batch file source host is where tivoli should find the file. We have installed IE 5 in this fashion. This allow us to send the software out 3 nights in a row and commit all of them on the last night.<br> <p> Tony ... aka chgwhat<br><a href=mailto:tony_b@technologist.com>tony_b@technologist.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>When in doubt,,, Power out...

Yaw.. thankx for the help ...<br>Autopack is working now.. The problem was like this...<br>Whenever i send an autopack with application in it.. it used to get installed but was never able to get executed... The problem was the link on the client desktop.. If same i go to the particular directory and execute.. it'll do so..<br>It's a strange but it's working.....<br>One more thing i want to know is in File PAck... how to do Unattented installation at Endpoints.. DO we have write a script?..<br>thankx<br><br>sanjeev

You have to write the script or some software provides a silent install option. This is where you set all the defaults and then run the install.<br><br>Good. Luck. <p> Tony ... aka chgwhat<br><a href=mailto:tony_b@technologist.com>tony_b@technologist.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>When in doubt,,, Power out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back