Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli provisioning manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadil24

Technical User
May 14, 2007
SI
Has anyone installed Tivoli installation manager for software!
I would really need help in resolving a problem!

It would be really great if you could help me. I am installing TPMfSW and when wizard installs WAS it has to install fixpack2 and this is where I have a problem.

com.ibm.tivoli.orchestrator.rxa.exception.RXAException: COPCOM123E A shell command error occurred: Exit code=1, Error stream="'update' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Does anyone know how to solve this
Thank you in advance

Damir

I have solved the problem. before I have changed default instalation path for WAS and seems like this was the problem because FP2 for WAS were searching for WAS in the default path.

I have installed TPMfSW and now I have another problem.
I CAN NOT LOGIN:( I use tioadmin as a user name and the password that I have defined, but no luck. I can login to windows with this username and password, but when tivoli provisioning askes me, then they are incorrect.
Please I need urgent help!

Thank you for your answer. This is what you get if you first install fast start and then the big version of TPM:)
Later I have found the right answer, thank you anyway:)

One more question if I can: I have started discovery(SMP) and now for two hours it has not started and I can not even cancel it.
Have you got any idea how to solve this problem?
Thank you for your time in advance

Verify that the deployment engine is started. Use the command:

$TIO_HOME/tools/tioStatus.sh <was user> <was user pass>

This is usually the problem. It is simplest to restart TPM. You can also use the run-deploymentengine.sh in the same directory to start the deployment engine itself.

Martin Carnegie
GulfBreeze Software - GulfBreeze Blog -

I have restarted the TPM and when I look in Track taskes, the problem is still there, the discoverys that I have started and then canceled have still the status not started. Is that normal?

Thank you in advance

One more question. Can I install common agent without discoverying the computer but just entering its IP address?

This is the output of tiostatus:

ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
D:\PROGRA~1\IBM\tivoli\tpmfsw\tioprofile\logs\server1\serverStatus.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the tioprofile profile
ADMU0500I: Retrieving server status for server1
ADMU0508I: The Application Server "server1" is STARTED
2007-05-23 11:26:19,973 INFO log4j configureAndWatch is started with configurat
ion file: D:\Program Files\ibm\tivoli\tpmfsw\config\log4j-util.prop
2007-05-23 11:26:23,332 INFO COPCOM421I The deployment engine is started.
2007-05-23 11:26:54,270 INFO COPCOM424I The policy engine is not started.
2007-05-23 11:27:24,411 INFO COPCOM485I The agent shell server is not started.
2007-05-23 11:27:54,520 INFO COPCOM561I The activity plan engine is not started

Any clue what to do?

Not sure how I missed your post until now.

Did you get this problem solved?

One thing I am not sure of is if you can install to anything but the C drive. I thought I remember reading that at some point in time, but maybe this was in the beta.

It is really weird that the deployment engine was started but not the other engines.

Let me know if you still need help.

Martin Carnegie

yes unfortunaly I am still stuck with this problem:)
Not a signle thing starts in provisioning manager, so I am thinking of uninstallig it and installing again?

What do you think that would be the best?

Best regards

Well that depends on if you want to try to work through the problem or just want to get it up and running.

What is really weird is that deployment engine started and nothing else did. I usually have it the other way around.

There are quite a few logs that you can look through. If you go to $TIO_LOGS$ check the logs in there for anything. If you cannot find anything, use the packageLogs.cmd tool and send the zip file that it creates. If the file is really large, open it up and remove the backup log files (the ones that end in a number)

If you are going to reinstall. I would try installing onto the C drive instead. You can point the repository to the D drive.

Martin Carnegie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back