Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Object Dispatcher is not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

saggaf

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
GB
Tivoli Object Dispatcher is not starting. When trying to start it manually from Services, I get "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly. When issuing any w-command from CL, I get this error msg "FRWSL0024E A failure was detected by the oserv daemon: FRWOG0009E bad handle specified".

Apprciate any help. Thanx
Sheikh

i think, there are two posible solution: check your authority, user which you run the command should be in the tivoli_unprivileg_administrator groups. Next solution much more posiblle is that you should add host name of tmr to etc/hosts (winnt/system32/drivers/etc/hosts, etc/sysconfig/hosts (i don't remamber exact paths, sorry). tivoli comunicate by host names not ip.

first check if the user is in the tivoli_unprivileg_admin group, second check if the host name is writen to the winnt/system32/drivers/hosts (on unix at etc/sysconfig/hosts as i remember but i always now where it is whhen i see it) tivoli communicates by host names not ip so tmr must be name)d like in unix enviroment. just write in this file ip (space) host name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back