Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Netview SNMP conf client side

Status
Not open for further replies.

aixbuff

Technical User
Aug 28, 2002
IN
Hi All

I have installed a netview server 6.0 on NT I am really stuck and dont know about the following issues....

I have downloaded NT MIBS and loaded on my server.

could anyone tell me what I should do at client that I have system events like memory usage MIB value to be collected on the server.

thax in advance AIXBUFF

If you are not getting any traps from a node that is sending SNMP traps I would suggest that you check to see if both are in the same SNMP community and that the node is set to send SNMP traps to your NetView server.

If these are set correctly you may want to setup a seconday SNMP catcher and set SNMP to send traps to both and see if the catcher will recieve the trap. If not the problem is with the node and it is not sending. If the catcher gets the trap and NetView does not you have a problem with mibs.

Good Luck

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back