Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Framework Client 4.1 and TEC 3.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

aofan

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
What is tivoliap?

Whenever the TEC tried to perform the task "Send_Email", I always have events that mentioned about tivoliap.dll or tivoli tried to use the administrator to log in to the windows computer. Is the send_email related with this tivoliap in the window platform?

Thank you very much,

Please e-mail me at aofan@yahoo.com if you need additional information. Please e-amil with title "tec 3.9"

Thankx

aofan

tivoliap.dll is the Tivoli Authentication Package that allows the Tivoli applications to run setui methods. Ensure that the "tmerservd" and "BuiltinNTAdministrator" accounts have the following Local User Rights:

Bypass traverse Checking for tmersrvd.
Log on Locally right for tmersrvd.
Act as part of the OS for Tivoli_Admin_Privileges.
Increase Quotas for Tivoli_Admin_Privileges.
Replace a process level Token for Tivoli_Admin_Privileges.

Also check:
tmersrvd account is not disabled.
The Local Administrator account (BuiltinNTAdministrator, regardless of its current name if renamed) is in Tivoli_Admin_Privileges.
TivoliAP.dll exists in %System32%.
tmersrvd has read/execute rights to TivoliAP.dll
tmersrvd has read/execute rights to %system32%
tmersrvd has read/execute rights to %systemroot%/tivoli and propogated to all subdirectories
tmersrvd has full rights to %lcfroot%.

To check if TivoliAP.DLL loaded and activated correctly, do:
1. Start cmd.exe on the local console of the endpoint box
2. cd <disk>:\Admin\Tivoli\lcf\dat\1 or <disk>:\Program Files\Tivoli\lcf\dat\1 or <disk>:\winnt\Tivoli\lcf\1
1. Run lcf_env.cmd or lcf_env.sh. This will source the Endpoint's environment first
2. Run wlcftap (you may need to add this to the path or run it directly from it's location). This will check to see if TAP is enabled. If the following results are not returned , the TRAA has not been configured, or activated.
Thu Mar 15 14:15:10 2001
(null)\(null)

wlcftap is located in %lcf_bindir% (i.e. <disk>:\Admin\Tivoli\lcf\bin\w32-ix86\mrt or <disk>:\Profram Files\Tivoli\lcf\bin\w32-ix86\mrt)
run wlcftap if the error is access denied run wlcftap -r &quot;&quot; this will normally fix this error if all the above are correct. If wlcftap returns &quot;Authorization Pacakge is Unknown&quot; the box requires a reboot.
If it does not return an error, then the settings are fine.

Loran Swymer
SwymerL@wr.disa.mil

Loran,

I ran the wlcftap -r &quot;&quot; with all my clients. It decrease the number of the event I received in the windows syslog - security. However, I still received a few. Also, I have the default administrator account renamed to something else (example:rsxdmin). I kept receiving errors in the securitylog that tivoliap tried to log in with the &quot;default Administrator&quot; account. Is there any way to avoid it?

Thank you very much, Loran.

aofan

Check your widmap entries to make sure the entry for root_user w32-ix86 is your renamed admin account (rsxdmin)

widmap add_entry root_user w32-ix86 rsxdmin

Loran Swymer
SwymerL@wr.disa.mil

I wondering why we have tivoliap. Can I just disable it?
Why do I need tivoliap for? the access the remote system for what purposes?

Thank you,

aofan
aofan44@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back