Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli endpoints "fall asleep" or go into inactive state

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbm24

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
I just started working with Tivoli TME on a Netware/Unix network with win95 machines. After a period of time several of my endpoints just drop off and become inactive. They cannot be managed remotely at that point. To wake them up someone has to physically test them using the loopback address + port number before they can be seen again. Can someone tell me if they have experienced this? I would like to write a script to send something through Tivoli every two weeks or so to keep them active. Has anyone else done this?

Several customers use the wadminep <label> view_version command to wake up endpoints. This command sends a downcall to the endpoint and the endpoint sends the version information back up through the gateway. Also, there are customers that send heartbeats via DM to accomplish the same thing. You may also want to check on the Wake-on-LAN support for information there.
Thanks,
-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back